What is Standing Seam Metal Roof? and Its Best 4 Type
What is Standing Seam Metal Roof?
Standing Seam Metal Roof: It is covered latch metal board framework that highlights vertical legs and a wide, level region between the two legs. It's additionally depicted as having raised creases, or vertical legs, that transcend the level of the board's level region. Standing crease frameworks can be utilized for either metal material, which is the most widely recognized, or metal dividers.
Out of all the metal Roof type, standing Seam Metal Roof is getting increasingly more well known as land owners search for items that keep going quite a while, look present day, and ensure their design.
The main Motive to remember Standing Seam Metal Roof System is that fastener is hidden. Which attached the panel to the roof decking using a clip.
Type of Standing Seam Metal Roof
There are 4 type of Standing Seam Profile Type: So the Selling point of Standing Seam Metal roof is totally depend on the Varity available which include the colour, Shape, Size, Thickness, Length, Width and many more. So lets see the type and its uses.
Snap-lock profiles comprise of boards that have been cautiously roll framed with explicitly molded edges, a male and female leg, that snap together and don't need hand or mechanical seaming during establishment. Snap-lock profiles are joined to the rooftop deck utilizing a Fastener that connects to the crease and secures under the board.
- It can be install on the slope roof of 3/12 and above.
- It can be used in any environment if it install correctly.
- this type of Standing Seam Metal Roof do not required Technical skilled labor with very cheaper price.
Precisely seamed boards are likewise roll formed with explicit edges that line up with one another. When the two boards are locked in, a hand or mechanical seamer is utilized to twist the edges and lock the boards together. There are two type of Mechanical-Lock profile is Single lock 90-degree and double lock 180-degree seams.
Single Lock ( 90 Degree )
- Single Lock refers the 90 Degree of the seam.
- It require less Labor and can be replace easily than Double lock system.
- While single lock profiles will not proceed just as a twofold lock, single lock actually performs well in milder conditions.
Double Lock ( 180 Degree )
- Double lock Standing Seam Metal Roof refers the 180 Degree of the Seam.
- It can be be installed down to a .5/12 pitch with in-seam sealant and It also be Installed down to a 1/12 pitch with in-seam sealant.
- It Perform better than Single Lock and also expensive.
- For properties in Cold climate territories with freezing and defrosting, twofold lock frameworks are acceptable decisions. As snow/ice freezes and defrosts, it likewise grows and contracts, which might actually separate a snap-lock profile.
Batten Panel Profile
A Batten Panel Standing Seam Metal Roof System is when two legs of the boards are move shaped and afterward butted up close to each other. From that point, a metal cap goes over the legs to make a crease, and either snaps on or precisely creases into place. There are two type of Batten Panel Profile Tee seams and snap caps.
- It perform well in harsh Environment.
- Works Good in both steep and low slope applications.
- Tee creases will in general be more climate tight than snap cap secure boards and ordinarily have pre-introduced sealant in the actual cap.
- Mostly Snap Cap is used in curved panel applications.
- Without any Mechanical Seaming Snap caps snap on over the panel legs.
- The Good Performance of Snap Cap is totally depend on the Right Installation of Standing Seam Metal Roof.
Fastener Flange Profiles
Fastener Flange Profile like a snap-lock Panel System, yet as opposed to utilizing a clip to join the board to the rooftop deck, it is straight forwardly affixed down to the deck through the male leg of the metal Panel. When the Fastener are set up, the female leg of the board snaps over the sum of the male leg, which shrouds the Fastener head.
- The Systems are allowed limited in 25 length.
- It can be Difficult to snap together.
- This System is popular choice for residential applications.
Advantages of Standing Seam Metal Roof
Below are the list of Advantages of Standing Seam Metal Roofing:
- It can be Allows for Thermal Movement.
- It can be available in Warranties.
- Different Color option Available.
- Different Size Option Available.
- Steel, aluminum, zinc, and copper Material can be used for Standing Seam Metal Roof.
- Should Be No Exposed Fasteners.
Disadvantages of Standing Seam Metal Roof
Below are the list of Disadvantages of Standing Seam Metal Roof:
- It has high Expensive and Maintenance.
- Less Qualified Contractors Have Experience Installing Standing Seam Roofing.
- It cannot be used for flat roofing Structure.
- It’s a Labor-Intensive Installation Process.
- It can be harder Repair and Replace.
Cost of Standing Seam Metal Roof
It is Difficult to say the right price of Standing Seam Metal Roof because it is depend on Design, Material Used, Color, Area and Size.
A standing Seam metal rooftop contains a progression of boards with upstanding associations. They lock along with covered up clasp to expand strength. The material is generally thicker than metal shingles, which makes it more costly and sturdy.
Cost of Standing Seam Metal Roof: Approx. $12 to $30 per Square Foot